Welcome to the Barberton Podiatry!
We care about the time you spend with us, so to give you the proper amount of time for your visit, we prefer that you call our office to schedule an appointment. Our office can be reached at 330-753-7772 during normal business hours.
However, if you have an urgent need to see a doctor during our office hours, we encourage you to come to the office. We will do our best to work you into our schedule for that day. If you have a scheduled appointment and are unable to keep the appointment, we ask that you kindly notify us 24 hours in advance.
If you are having a medical emergency, call 911.
Your 1st Visit to a Podiatrist
Your first visit to our office establishes a vital foundation for our relationship with you. During the first visit, we make sure to obtain important background information, like your medical history, and give you time to get to know your doctor.
According to the American Podiatric Medical Association, there are an estimated 15,000 practicing podiatrists in the United States. Podiatrists are in demand more than ever today because of a rapidly aging population. In addition, according to the association, foot disorders are among the most widespread and neglected health problems affecting people in this country.
- Consult with patients and other physicians on how to prevent foot problems.
- Diagnose and treat tumors, ulcers, fractures, skin and nail diseases, and deformities.
- Perform surgeries to correct or remedy such problems as bunions, clawtoes, fractures, hammertoes, infections, ruptured Achilles, and other ligaments and tendons.
- Prescribe therapies and perform diagnostic procedures such as ultrasound and lab tests.
- Prescribes or fits patients with inserts called orthotics that correct walking patterns.
- Treat conditions such as: bone disorders, bunions, corns, calluses, cysts, heel spurs, infections, ingrown nails, and plantar fasciitis.
What to expect
Being prepared for your appointment will help ensure that Dr.Tomsho has all of the necessary information to provide you with the best possible care. It also will help relieve any unnecessary anxiety you may be feeling. New patient paperwork can be printed from our page.
We look forward helping you reduce your foot pain!